Wednesday 14 February 2018

100 Word Challenge Week 2



March 27 2086 Entry date 353. The last.


I’m 80 years old. My lifetime, memories, family, decades have gone past.
Remember some of those old school memories.
When we used Laptops, when phones were a big thing.
Now we got robots, flying saucers all this new technology.
Once we were moving very fast when a UFO nearly killed us.
Family, friends, enemies and all people I onced loved all gone to heaven or hell.
I know where I’m going after life. This maybe my last journal entry.
Goodbye world, friends, family. Have fun. It went very fast, but know my time is up.
Never regret the right decisions you make and store all your memories.

Goodbye Journal.

2 comments:

  1. You have used the prompt creatively, Daniel. Think about asking someone to read your work and give you feedback before posting your writing. This will help you to improve the clarity of your writing. You certainly have some great ideas. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Daniel,

    The memories we can store as we grow older can recall times long past. Your story reminded we of my early school years when pens were still dipped in inkwells, computers were huge and only in big companies and science labs, steam trains still hauled passenger trains and television had only just arrived. Well done.

    No, I'm not 80, only approaching mid 60s but have stored many memories, some of which were recalled on reading your nostalgic story told through the thoughts of a person grown old. Your ending was good advice. Again, well done.

    I hope you can continue entering the 100WC. I suspect you have more adventures to share and many more memories to make.

    Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

    ReplyDelete